Let us help you manage your subcontractor insurance certificate acquisition process!
We can work alongside you if you prefer to do the heavy lifting, or share the load of the scope of work in a joint service, or completely take this task off your plate in any of our 3 services outlined below
RTS employs a highly skilled and experienced insurance professional with a background in trade insurance compliance management. Even if you perform this work in-house, only our staff with their extensive knowledge of the trade insurance marketplace know if the trade is actually covered to work in your project, something not reflective in a certificate.
Invest in our expertise to more effectively transfer risk through Risk Transfer Solutions.
Risk Transfer Solutions offers 3 levels of service to assist:
You do the heavy lifting. You obtain the insurance certificates and additional insured endorsements, and we review every certificate and additional insured endorsement you email us to assure compliance with the insurable agreement/contract.
In addition, with our knowledge of the trade insurance marketplace, we will verify no key exclusions in the policy exist. Something that is not reflective in an insurance certificate or in additional insured endorsements. RTS looks between the lines.
Services Offered in Bronze:
- Verification that certificates and additional insured endorsements you provide us are in compliance with the contract
- Verification of coverage when necessary are certificates and endorsements
- We notify you of any missing endorsements to follow up with the trade or trade insurance agent or pertinent exclusions that compromise our additional insured coverage.
We share the heavy lifting. You still obtain the certificates and additional insured endorsements as outlined in the Bronze service above, and RTS will follow up with the trade’s insurance agent on any missing endorsements or additional coverage verification needed to be compliant. The extent of your work will be limited to the initial acquisition, we finalize it from there.
Services Offered in Silver:
- Verification that certificates and additional insured endorsements you provide us are in compliance with the contract. Should it not be in compliance, or should we suspect the trade insurer may be excluded from working in your project, RTS follows up with the trade or trade insurance agent for additional verification.
- Any certificate and additional insured endorsement documentation you email us is deemed non-compliant, RTS will work with the trade or trade insurance agent to get them compliant.
- RTS will share a cloud folder with you to access the certificates and additional insured endorsements that do comply with the contract at any time.
- RTS provides weekly updates of those trades deemed non-compliant, and what specifically is making these trades non-compliant, and what work remains to finalize compliance. Trades still deemed non-compliant after two weeks will be referred back to the builder to escalate the matter.
We do the heavy lifting. You will provide us a list of every active subcontractor for every project, including details of the project the trade is involved in, including contact details and RTS will reach out to the trade to obtain the certificate and additional insured endorsements to assure compliance with the contract. RTS will upload this documentation into a cloud folder for you to access at any time. RTS Gold is able to email to the trade the subcontractor and insurance requirement package and perform the follow-up management. This important work is completely off your shoulders
Services Offered in Gold:
- RTS composes an introductory email to the trade you select with the information you provide us that explains who we are and what our role is. This email will include a package including the subcontractor agreement, bid value and job scope/work order, W9 and insurance requirement instructions, and copy you to start.
- RTS will obtain the information above, and email the subcontractor agreement to you to execute. This information will be uploaded into a cloud folder with subfolders titled the name of the trade to access these documents at any time
- RTS will provide weekly updates regarding trade insurance documentation verification and advise if after a week the trade remains non-compliant, and would be referred back to you if remains non-compliant to escalate after two weeks of noncompliance.
- RTS will notify you if we confirm any of the trades are not covered to work in your project and coordinate with the trade’s insurance agent or directly with the trade a replacement policy